Senior Design Manager & Design Manager
Urbanite (Frost*collective’s environmental graphic design practice) one of Australia’s foremost authorities on brand in the built environment. We have over 30-years experience partnering with architects, interior designers and marketing teams to create inspiring spatial experiences that engage and enrich people’s lives.
We deliver projects both nationally and internationally and work with some of the country’s most innovative and leading organisations. We deliver industry-leading wayfinding and user experience strategies, signage and wayfinding projects, graphic design for environments and place-making. Each project we undertake helps to shape its environment and how users experience the built environment. We have a can-do attitude and love to push boundaries and expectations – which makes for an engaging workplace with no two projects the same.
Take a look at our work to get a feel for what we do:
You will have
• Manage all design projects from brief to completion
• Plan and manage the activity of the project team
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date time allocations across projects as well as keeping Project Managers and Key Staff informed on project and key decisions made
• Development of proposals and quotes
• Lead client presentations and key stakeholder actions within project
• Implementing and maintaining project reporting systems
• Manage all client relationships together with team as well as searching and developing new business opportunities
• Liaise with third parties as necessary
The ideal candidate:
• Experience in all aspects of design (both managing design and contributing to the design) , a degree in design, architecture, interiors or project management or similar is ideal
• A background in signage wayfinding and environmental branding
• Design management and design strategy background
• Previously worked in a client and project management role with commercial project management experience
• Advanced understanding of project, contract and relationship management with a good commercial awareness
• Ability to develop comprehensive project plans
• Proven financial management and administrative ability
• Ability to quote work and experience in dealing with contracts
• High level of computer literacy
• Can effectively manage multiple, concurrent projects
• Exceptional analysing, organisational and decision-making skills
Fill in the form below and attach your CV with a covering letter explaining why you are right for the role. Please include examples of previous projects you have worked on.
Please note – we are looking for personal applications from individuals – not recruitment agencies.